Do you think Oriental rugs could stand up to the “trauma” that usually characterizes a kitchen? Oil stains, bread crumbs, jam splotches – you get the picture. There’s really no telling what kind of “occurrences” your carpets might have to endure, especially if you are doing a lot of cooking every day, and you have small kids running around day in, day out. What about century-old carpets that have been in the family for generations? Would you sacrifice those to make your kitchen look charming and unique? Some of you have already done it. Others are still wondering if the risks outweigh the advantages. We are here to answer all of your questions and help you make the best informed decision possible.
Are Oriental Carpets Too Delicate For The Kitchen Area?
This is one of the biggest concerns that most people have when contemplating the thought of placing their expensive Persian rugs on their kitchen floors. Old and delicate carpets that originally cost a fortune might not be the best choices for a kitchen that gets used a lot. At least, this is the common belief. Plus, some people might have an issue blending in their Oriental rugs into their modern day, minimalist kitchen décor. However, oriental rugs are more resilient than most people imagine. And they can add beauty and charm to any kitchen. So they are definitely worth considering for this particular area of the house.
The Benefits Of Having Oriental Carpets In Your Kitchen
- Persian rugs are extremely durable and highly resistant to staining. The explanation is simple: wool carpets contain lanolin, which is known for its excellent liquid repellent qualities. Keep in mind that rugs were primarily used to protect wood floors before polyurethane was invented. Why not take advantage of their original uses today?
- Sure stains should be taken care of immediately, like with any other type of carpeting. The more a stain sits inside the fibers of a carpet, the more difficult it will be to remove. If you have just spilled some liquid onto your carpet, blog up the excess liquid with a clean, white towel that absorbs water. You do not want to use any colored cloths, or you will risk seeing the colors from the cloth get transferred onto the carpet.
- Scoop any solids off the carpet using a spoon and use a clean sloths to dab the area and get rid of any existing liquid.
- You can also use dry cleaning fluid for the most stubborn of stains and spots, including grease and gum. If that does not work, there is always the possibility to use the professional services of experienced Persian carpet cleaners. The guys at NYC Steam Cleaning have more than two decades of experience in the field, and they can provide you with a wide array of quality and organic cleaning solutions at affordable rates. Take a look at their list of services and schedule a free estimate straight away. They can handle those hard to take out stains with advanced tools and cleaning agents that are not harmful for your health or the environment. And if nothing else works, they can even comb, trim or cut out the affected area and reweave your carpet.
- Oriental carpets require low maintenance, as they are easy to take care of. All you need to worry about is regular vacuuming and spot blotting as soon as they occur. If you have old stains laying around, they are probably well hidden under the patterns and vivid colors of the rug and hard to notice.
- Your kitchen can and should therefore fully benefit from the advantages of having these carpets on the floors. They will add a nice touch of elegance and a beautiful contrast to the room.
- They can also add plenty of color to your dark, or neutral-toned kitchen. Plus, they make for excellent cushioning for your feet, which is great if you spend a few hours a day inside your kitchen, cooking family meals.
- If you are getting ready to move into a new home and you have a few Oriental rugs you wish to pack along, you should definitely do it. Large sized rugs can be professionally cut into several smaller pieces which you can use inside your kitchen and/or bathroom.
Know When To Use Professional Cleaners For Oriental Rugs
If you truly care about your Oriental carpets, you’ve paid a lot of money on them, or they have been in the family for many generations, a professional carpet cleaning service can help you out. Schedule cleaning sessions at least once or twice a year and have a thorough cleaning done with professional cleaning agents and tools.
If you live in New York, you can opt for the NYC Steam Cleaning service . They cater to the needs of people in the NY state, including Queens, Manhattan, The Bronx, Staten Island and Brooklyn. They work with organic cleaning products that will protect your children, pets, and plants, as well as the environment – and do an excellent cleaning job.
While they specialize in steam cleaning, they also handle other types of services for rugs and carpets and they can provide you with a custom plan for your exact needs at good rates. Make sure to ask for a free estimate using their online form or customer support service and start manifesting your love for your precious carpets today.